Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reading Strategies - Super Six!!!

The Super Six reading strategies were something I heard about my first year of teaching and it's still around but often gets called a million other names. I've been to inservices on these same strategies and recently created this anchor chart to reference in the classroom.

While I do teach middle school, kids never seem to have enough explicit instruction on how to read books or text. Some kids do these steps instinctively but others need a coach. Enter me. We've been talking about the comments students make and how they are actually reading strategies and aide in comprehension. Way to go class! (Pardon my really horrible drawing of a man. People are really not my thing.)

Are you using these same skills in your class? Have a book to suggest reading on the topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment